Last we heard from Young Man, they had just released their promising debut LP, Ideas of Distance. Today, the bookish pop group announced that the second installment of their album trilogy—ironically titled Vol. 1—will be released May 22 on Frenchkiss Records. And hey, there’s the artwork!
Ideas of Distance was full of lush instrumentation and rather heady meditations on relationships, memory, and maturation, so it’ll be interesting to see what Colin Caulfield & Co. come up with the body text of their album series. You can watch the video for “Enough,” the first track off Ideas of Distance, below. Some of you may get the chance to catch a sneak peak of the whole shebang on one of their tour dates with Fanfarlo, listed along with Vol. 1‘s track listing at the bottom.
- By and By
- 03.05 Boston, MA: Paradise Rock Club
- 03.06 New York, NY: Webster Hall
- 03.07 Washington, DC: U Street Music Hall
- 03.08 Philadelphia, PA: Union Transfer
- 03.09: Carrboro, NC: Cat’s Cradle
- 03.10 Atlanta, GA: Vinyl
- 03.13 Houston, TX: Fitzgerald’s
- 03.14-18 Austin, TX: South by Southwest
- 03.19 St. Louis, MO: Blueberry Hill
- 03.20 Nashville, TN: Mercy Lounge
- 03.22 Louisville, KY: Zanzabar
- 03.23 Ann Arbor, MI: Bling Pig