Karl Hyde and Rick Smith have revealed the details on Barking, Underworld’s first new album in three years which is chock full of collaborators including trance veteran Paul van Dyk, drum & bass producer High Constrast as well as dubstep artists Appleblim and Al Tourettes. In fact, Hyde and Smith only do without company on one track, album closer “Louisiana.”
According to Resident Advisor, the veteran techno duo wrote all nine Barking tunes at their Essex studio before shipping off the unfinished product to the guest artists, who added their own production touches from there. While there’s no U.S. release date set as of yet, the follow-up to 2007’s Oblivion with Bells will be out in the U.K. on Sept. 13 through Cooking Vinyl.
Barking will be released in the U.S. through OM.
01. Bird 1 feat. Dubfire
02. Always Loved A Film feat. Mark Knight & D. Ramirez
03. Scribble feat. High Contrast
04. Hamburg Hotel feat. Appleblim & Al Tourettes
05. Grace feat. Dubfire
06. Between Stars feat. Mark K & D. Ramirez
07. Diamond Jigsaw feat. Paul van Dyk
08. Moon In Water feat. High Contrast
[via Consequence of Sound]