The "sex, relationships and culture" site Nerve has unveiled the results of two highly-scientific polls this week determining who the sexiest man and woman in indie rock are in the year 2012. Let's count down the respective lists.
In the ladies' category, we've got:
10. Malin Dahlström (Niki & The Dove)
9. Megan James (Purity Ring)
7. Brittany Howard (Alabama Shakes)
6. Bethany Cosentino (Best Coast)
5. Caroline Polachek (Chairlift)
4. Alexis Krauss (Sleigh Bells)
3. Santi White (Santigold)
2. Chan Marshall (Cat Power)
...And drumroll please? The Number One Sexiest Woman In Indie Rock For 2012 is...Annie Clark of St. Vincent! Nerve was smitten with her eyes, those "deep limpid pools from which no mortal man or woman can escape." Alright.
Now to the men's list:
10. David Longstreth (Dirty Projectors)
9. Colin Caulfield (Young Man)
8. Brian Fallon (The Gaslight Anthem)
7. Peter Silberman (The Antlers)
6. Ty Segall
5. Michael Kiwanuka
4. Deck D’arcy (Phoenix)
3. Michael Angelakos (Passion Pit)
2. Anand Wilder (Yeasayer)
...And the Number One Sexiest Indie Rocking Man of 2012? Bloc Party's Kele Okereke! We're all excited for Bloc Party's long-awaited fourth album, but Nerve would rather stare at Okereke's "megawatt, insanely endearing smile."
Thank you, contestants, and we'll see you next year, pretty people! [NME]