In an interview with HipHopDX, Sandman, he of the non-Clipse half of the Re-Up Gang, revealed that he has left the group to focus on his solo endeavors, and claims The Re-Up Gang record on Koch was a disaster.
"When it comes to my music, dog, this is what I love," said Sandman Tuesday afternoon. "I'm not tryin' to be a god-damned architect or nothin', or else I'd put my time into that. When you have a movement like the Re-Up Gang, something that came out of nowhere that was turned into a cult following, I just don't see how people dropped the ball on the last project. So it didn't make sense for me to stick around if shit ain't in my best interest."
Sandman says he made the Re-Up Gang, and that the group’s latest album didn’t live up to his expectations for what the group should be doing, even going so far as to apologize to fans.
There is no Re-Up Gang. Before they added me, it was The Clipse and Ab Liva. That was it. That's what it's been reduced back to. Naturally, they've got to go around and promote the Re-Up Gang album now, 'cause it's out, and to be honest, I feel like I don't have to do that." "I want to apologize again," he said. "What the fuck would I feel like if after three classic albums, they had that fourth album after the beats I just got [on The Clipse Presents: Re-Up Gang]. To me, I just don't think whoever - either Koch [Records] or The Clipse did not believe in this Re-Up movement. Or it didn't mean nothin' to them. What the fuck vision do you have that you'd squander this? 'Cause if that were the case, you should have done this three years ago."
Sandman also said he was told that the Re-Up Gang album would be out on Columbia (like Clipse’s Till the Casket Drops) but then it was quickly shuffled off to Koch. Sandman says beats and verses were adjusted, and it wasn’t the same album. But he isn’t sure who to blame for that.
|Russell Brand - Russell Brand invited to host VMAs again after huge upturn in viewing figures||Beyonce New Beyonce album out in November|