All this week, Pitchfork has been rolling out its list of the Top 500 songs of the decade, and today brought the announcement of number one: OutKast's "B.O.B." The song previously topped Pitchfork's best songs from 2000-2004, so it's not necessarily surprising. The heavy-handed references to the Iraq war and Obama in the write-up aren't either.
Here's the top ten:
10. Arcade Fire: "Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)"
9. Animal Collective: "My Girls"
8. Radiohead: "Idioteque"
7. Missy Elliot: "Get Ur Freak On"
6. Yeah Yeah Yeahs: "Maps"
5. Daft Punk: "One More Time"
4. Beyonce ft. Jay-Z: "Crazy in Love"
3. M.I.A. ft. Bun B & Rich Boy: "Paper Planes (Diplo Remix)"
2. LCD Soundsystem: "All My Friends"
1. OutKast: "B.O.B."
Lot of easy to see coming inclusions there (basically all of them minus the Beyonce song). To see the other 490 selections, head to Pitchfork.
|Lady GaGa - Lady Gaga Wants to Bed Boy Band, Tries Out New Vampire Look||Dave Matthews Band, Kings of Leon Austin City Limits Sold Out|