Metric has had a lot of fun messing with their fourth album, 2009’s Fantasies. That same year, the four-piece released the Plug In Plug Out EP, which features the four-piece performing acoustic takes on tracks from the album. And this October, Metric will release Fantasies Flashbacks, an album made up entirely of fan-made remixes of Fantasies tracks.
The band received thousands of submissions after putting out a call for remixes late last year and have since been compiling their favorites of the bunch. And rather than just put them all on a CD, Metric put together a limited deluxe version of Fantasies Flashbacks that features 10 7″ vinyl singles, digital download codes, and much more. All of the proceeds from the deluxe box set will be donated to the Center for Addiction and Mental Health.
You can view the details of the deluxe release below.
- 10 x 7″ vinyl singles, each containing an original song from Fantasies and the associated winning remix from the Indaba Music contest;
- A PlayButton digital music player pre-loaded with (the same) 10 winning remixes (one of the first new notable commercial releases available on PlayButton);
- A digital download code redeemable for all music from the 7″ singles (20 tracks including the original studio album version of Fantasies), plus an additional 11 of the band’s favorite remixes. In total this is 31 songs or over 80 minutes of music;
- Two 6″ x 6″, two-sided color inserts featuring fan-created artwork/imagery, track listing, credits and information about the genesis of the remix album and the charitable tie-in with CAMH;
- A limited edition 18″ x 24″ glossy METRIC poster
- A custom box housing everything listed above.
Fantasies Flashbacks drops Oct. 11 on Mom + Pop Music Co.