Chances are if you’re familiar with radio-streamer iHeartRadio, you probably live a few hundred miles away from your favorite sports teams. But it’s not just a cheapo way out of NHL Center Ice anymore! Billboard reports the website is planning on adding a slew of college radio stations in addition to its more traditional programming. Initially 14 college frequencies will be joining, all of which will exist in a new section of the site. iHeartRadio’s CEO mentioned that they also have plans to add a number of new stations, and saying that the 14 colleges selected represent the diversity of college programming.
It must also be said that a lot of schools have lost, or are in grave danger of losing their broadcasting license as budgets get tighter. So support your local stations! The 14 new frequencies are included below.
1. Appalachian State's WASU - Rock, North Carolina
2. Connecticut College's WCNI - Block Programming, Connecticut
3. Dartmouth College's WFRD - Modern Rock, New Hampshire
4. Denison University's WDUB - Block Programming, Ohio
5. DePaul University's Radio DePaul - Block Programming, Illinois
6. Emerson College's WERS - Adult Alternative, Massachusetts
7. Flagler College's WFCF - Block Programming, Florida
8. Green River College's KGRG - Alternative Rock, Washington State
9. Ithaca College's WICB - Modern Rock, New York
10. Rice University's Rice Radio - Block Programming, Texas
11. Seton Hall University's WSOU - Hard Rock/Metal, New Jersey
12. Stanford University's KZSU- Block Programming, California
13. Temple University's WHIP - Block Programming, Pennsylvania
14. College of Wooster's WCWS - Block Programming, Ohio