James Franco's collection of short stories, Palo Alto, is currently being adapted for the big screen by director Gia Coppola. Blood Orange leader and go-to hip producer Dev Hynes is providing the score for it, and he has just shared the title track for the movie's soundtrack.
"Palo Alto," a smooth piece of sophisti-pop, features guest vocals by Samantha Urbani of Friends. The track was mixed by Cole M.G.N., a Los Angeles-based producer known for his work with Beck, Nite Jewel, and Julia Holter.
Coppola's movie will be coming out May 9, with the soundtrack available for purchase on June 3 in the US and June 2 in the UK. Listen to Hynes' song below, and then check out the full track list (which includes songs by Mac DeMarco and Robert Schwartzman).
Palo Alto: Music From the Motion Picture track list:
01. Devonté Hynes: "Palo Alto"
02. Mac DeMarco: "Ode to Viceroy"
03. Robert Schwartzman: "Fútbol Americano"
04. Blood Orange: "Champagne Coast"
05. Tonstartssbandht: "5FT7"
06. Coconut Records: "Is This Sound Okay?"
07. Nat & Alex Wolff: "Rock Star (Movie Version)"
08. Francesco Pennino: "Senza Mamma"
09. Robert Schwartzman: "Graveyard"
10. Robert Schwartzman: "So Bad"
11. Devonté Hynes: "April's Daydream"
12. Robert Schwartzman: "It's You"
13. Jack Kilmer: "T.M."
14. Blood Orange: "You're Not Good Enough"
|Beyoncé - Watch Beyoncé "Pretty Hurts" (Official Video)||DJ Rashad Has Passed Away|