Korean Man Moves Apartments Using Subways. Loses Friends.

(8 posts)
by Daba
18083 Posts
Ready to get things pooping
3 years, 8 months ago
4 years, 6 months ago

I want to move like I do every year. Maybe I can get my friends and Prefixers to help me move using the subway boyeeee!

Last week it served that purpose for Young Min, 24, who packed up stuff from a Korean homestead in Flushing, Queens, and moved it all to a one-bedroom on the Upper West Side — using only the subway. While easy on his wallet, the move turned out to be hard on his friendships: To help him get all of his belongings from one place to the other, Min enlisted two friends from his language school. Together they moved his air conditioner, collapsible double-rod closet, dishes (including serving platters and utensils), laptop, linen, quilts, books, clothes, and assorted framed pictures, a soup cauldron, Korean medicine, condiments, and a 40-pound bag of rice onto the 7 train, then to Times Square, through the Times Square Station to the 1 train, and finally to the new place on West 64th. ...
The next day, when he called for help moving his bed, again on the subway, his friends didn't return his calls and one even skipped their Kaplan class in order to avoid getting roped into another move......

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2010/06/man_moves_entire_apartment_usi.html

by pill
737 Posts
prefixing
2 years, 5 months ago
4 years, 6 months ago

one even skipped their Kaplan class in order to avoid getting roped into another move......

damn koreans so studious!

by Daba
18083 Posts
3 years, 8 months ago
4 years, 6 months ago
yo Pill you have to help me move if i switch apts this year. i helped you move before. hope you don't mind using the subways.
by pill
737 Posts
prefixing
2 years, 5 months ago
4 years, 6 months ago
if there's free beer involved i will do it
by oldtobegin
29 Posts
someone tell me why i do the things that i don't wanna do
4 years, 6 months ago
4 years, 6 months ago
dibs carrying the korean medicine
by gaelen
10 Posts
takes photos
5 years, 3 months ago
4 years, 6 months ago
How big can a pot be before it is classified as a cauldron...
by Dipseth
1689 Posts
Free Prefix
2 years, 7 months ago
4 years, 6 months ago
i did something similar when I moved from Washington Heights to Harlem, although I had less stuff and a much shorter commute. I just bought a few of those big plastic bins for storage, put them in my new apt., then each day id bring a duffel bag full of stuff to work, drop it off at my new place after work. I had a few weeks, so it was pretty easy and convenient moving Shawshank style.
by Daba
18083 Posts
3 years, 8 months ago
4 years, 6 months ago
koreans like you giving us other koreans a bad name!

Post a Reply

Please login to post a reply.

Find us on Facebook

Latest Comments

Recommended