What Is Icing?

(10 posts)
by Daba
18083 Posts
Ready to get things pooping
3 years, 6 months ago
4 years, 4 months ago

I was on Buzzfeed and I saw this article, "Bros Icing Bros Gets Serious."

Which then led me to Google what "Icing" was. Guess I'm out of it when CNN is informing me on the latest frat/bro drinking game.

"Icing" -- or "getting iced" -- is a drinking game that's rapidly gaining popularity amongst office workers, tech and media types, and college students. The rules are simple: If a person sees a Smirnoff Ice, he or she must get down on one knee and chug it, unless they happen to be carrying their own Smirnoff, in which case they can "ice block," or refract the punishment back onto the attacker. In order to dupe people into stumbling across the beverage, participants have devised creative ways of presenting them with Ices, like strapping the bottles to the backs of dogs or burying them in vats of protein powder.

The trend first took hold on college campuses in the South, but it's trickled up both coasts, where icings have been spotted at the offices of companies like Yelp! and IAC's College Humor. Bankers, too, have embraced the fratty fad: An ice attack was recently reported at Goldman Sachs (GS, Fortune

http://money.cnn.com/2010/05/26/news/companies/bros_icing_bros.fortune/index.htm

by Al
4433 Posts
4 years, 4 months ago

Icing is ghey.

The end.

by h0gy
1736 Posts
4 years, 4 months ago
They still make Smirnoff Ice? This shit doesn't hold a candle to vodka eyeballing...
by Daba
18083 Posts
3 years, 6 months ago
4 years, 4 months ago

vodka eyeballing? you pour vodka on your eyeballs? bomb.

by h0gy
1736 Posts
4 years, 4 months ago

Yeah bro, eff vision its overrated neway..

The Colbert Report Mon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
Vodka Eyeballing
www.colbertnation.com
Colbert Report Full Episodes Political Humor Fox News
by MFB
110 Posts
NP: Mogwai - Young Team
4 years, 7 months ago
4 years, 4 months ago
You didn't know about icing Daba? Weak. Next Prefix meetup you better come prepared. The website is hilarious IMO. Then again, I'm a sucker for inserting the word "bro" into every possible phrase for comedic effect.
by Daba
18083 Posts
3 years, 6 months ago
4 years, 4 months ago

indie rockers like the dude from Titus Andronicus are getting iced now too...

Walking from the bodega to my friend’s apartment in Williamsburg on Saturday night, some dude asked me for directions and, while saying thanks, snuck out a bottle of Smirnoff Ice from his bag. Mother fucker.

Titus Andronicus getting Iced

The rules of Icing are pretty simple and since The New York Times, The Village Voice, and The Huffington Post all did an entire articles on it, (Seriously, guys? You really don’t have anything a little more significant to report?) I’ll keep it brief:

http://streetbonersandtvcarnage.com/blog/i-got-iced/

by Daba
18083 Posts
3 years, 6 months ago
4 years, 4 months ago
by Daba
18083 Posts
3 years, 6 months ago
4 years, 4 months ago
by Daba