Michael Jordan on Cover of NBA 2K11

(44 posts)
by Daba
18083 Posts
Ready to get things pooping
3 years ago
3 years, 10 months ago

Weird.

Michael Jordan is NBA 2K11's Cover Star2K Sports just confirmed to CNBC that Michael Jordan, as rumored earlier, will be featured on the cover of NBA 2K11. Asked how Jordan would appear in the game, 2K said only that there will be "some really good surprises."

Jason Argent, 2K Sports' vice-president of marketing, confirmed Jordan's appearance and the game's Oct. 5 ship date about an hour ago.

"We know we have the best NBA video game ever made here," Argent told CNBC. "So

http://kotaku.com/5553664/michael-jordan-is-nba-2k11s-cover-star

by B/|nGerKat
3758 Posts
I've seen FOOTAGE
1 year, 11 months ago
3 years, 10 months ago

Some things I don't understand about these nba games:

1. They have the Jordan symbol and the player of the game is titled "The Jordan Player OF The Game"....yet they don't include him in the NBA all star legends game along withi Barkley and a few others. I assume it was because of legal reasons, but if that's the case then why can they use Jordan's symbol?

2. The commentators don't  EVER mention triple doubles. Ever. I don't understand that.

by B/|nGerKat
3758 Posts
I've seen FOOTAGE
1 year, 11 months ago
3 years, 10 months ago

Speaking of NBA2k (10), i'm enjoying this game.

Good stuff.

by Daba
18083 Posts
3 years ago
3 years, 10 months ago
man, Banger is the best.
by Daba
18083 Posts
3 years ago
3 years, 9 months ago

oh snap!!!

gonna be using this guy to school fakity Kobe....

by B/|nGerKat
3758 Posts
I've seen FOOTAGE
1 year, 11 months ago
3 years, 9 months ago
Now if they can just get Barkley in the game...
by Al
4433 Posts
3 years, 9 months ago

True that! 

Im gonna roll through the celtics, level the heat, and stomp on kobe in the finals. 

90's MJ, g.o.a.t.

by Daba
18083 Posts
3 years ago
3 years, 9 months ago
i wish there was signature taunts. i'd use Cassell's big ballz walk
by Daba
18083 Posts
3 years ago
3 years, 8 months ago

This is pretty sweet!

Jordan Gets His Own Career Mode In NBA 2K11

2K Sports today revealed that "MJ: Creating A Legend," a special singleplayer mode that will unlock once all 10 goals in "The Jordan Challenge" are met. When the mode is available, Jordan becomes available as a performer in the "My Player" mode introduced with last year's NBA 2K10. But he won't be an all-star from day one. He begins with a 79 overall rating, and your goal is to make him the greatest ever - within today's league.

And with any team.

Whether you can't bear to see No. 23 on any team other than the Chicago Bulls, or if you want to see him on the Golden State Warriors, the Portland Trail Blazers - team that should have drafted him - or the team he owns, the Charlotte Bobcats, it's all there for you.

But there's a catch - to get to "Creating a Legend," you'll have to beat all 10 marks posed by "The Jordan Challenge," which recreates 10 of Jordan's most electrifying moments, with period-authentic rosters and visuals. That means you'll have to drop 69 points on Cleveland, 35 points and six threes in one half on Portland, and the famous Double Nickel on the Knicks in 1995.

http://kotaku.com/5610622/jordan-gets-his-own-career-mode-in-nba-2k11

by B/|nGerKat
3758 Posts
I've seen FOOTAGE
1 year, 11 months ago
3 years, 8 months ago

I'm totally buying this.

I just got into the "My Player" mode a couple months ago.

It's hard at first because they start you at such a lower rated level (in the 30's, I believe). You have to hit all of these points to become good enough to get a tryout for an NBA team. My dude's name is Hal Logan: a 6' 4" point guard for The Knicks. My team finished for the 7th seed in the playoffs and I just beat Atlanta in the confrence semi-finals. I'm playing The Magic in the eastern conf. finals; currently down 0-1.

My average is 21 pts, 9 assists, 3 rbs, 2 steals.

I know everyone cares very much about this...which is why I posted it.

by B/|nGerKat
3758 Posts
I've seen FOOTAGE
1 year, 11 months ago
3 years, 8 months ago
I wonder if Jordan is going to be the only one with his name and number on the jersey. The two players in the background don't have numbers. Hmmm....hopefully this is just the workprint.
by Al
4433 Posts
3 years, 8 months ago

SOLD....  I gotta get this game. 

If I ever get back on XboxLive I'll need to get your gamertag b/\nger. 

by Daba
18083 Posts
3 years ago
3 years, 8 months ago
i need to get a video game system so i can play online and create DABA the 5'9" point guard that dribbles like Nash, jumps like Josh Smith, shoots like Reggie Miller and talks trash like Gary Payton.
by Daba
18083 Posts
3 years ago
3 years, 8 months ago
i need to get a video game system so i can play online and create DABA the 5'9" point guard that dribbles like Nash, jumps like Josh Smith, shoots like Reggie Miller and talks trash like Gary Payton.
by Daba
18083 Posts
3 years ago
3 years, 8 months ago

New trailer!

Post a Reply

Please login to post a reply.

Find us on Facebook

Latest Comments

Recommended