Just Moved to Indianapolis

(20 posts)
by Daba
18083 Posts
Ready to get things pooping
3 years, 3 months ago
4 years, 1 month ago

no complaints about hipster girls from dabas.

in reference to the video. i lived in nyc for 10 years tooo!

by mrblackw
48 Posts
4 years, 1 month ago
Indy 500 is tomorrow. Should be a refreshing lack of hipsters, as well as a refreshing upsurge in rednecks. Still debating whether or not to hang out downtown during the race. Traffic will be da werst.
by Daba
18083 Posts
Ready to get things pooping
3 years, 3 months ago
4 years, 1 month ago

i think you have to hangout downtown despite the doo doo traffic. it's the biggest day in indy of the year i imagine. please report back if you go

by shortpants
1 Posts
3 years, 10 months ago

I moved to Indianapolis not too long ago from a city near Philadelphia. While I agree that the Midwest has a somewhat different feel to the East Coast, it's definitely not as bad of a place as others might think.  You have to try a little harder to find the indie scene, but it's not exactly a place that deserves to be shat on. Try checking out Broad Ripple, Fountain Square, or Mass Ave.  Bloomington has some good things to offer too.  I don't know too much about the state outside of those areas. Here's another great source of info:

http://www.designspongeonline.com/2008/04/indianapolis-design-guide.html

I'm sorry to ruin the image that all Hoosiers do is drink moonshine. The state has a high obesity rate--maybe you can make fun of that.

by mrblackw
48 Posts
3 years, 10 months ago

Thanks for the info and the link shortpants. I definitely dig Broad Ripple. Haven't made it to Bloomington yet but I only hear good things. I'm originally from Arkansas, so I'm used to moonshine jokes. To me, this is a paradise where everyone wears shoes and no one marries their cousin.

Post a Reply

Please login to post a reply.

Find us on Facebook

Latest Comments

Recommended