Daba Diaries: Bar Edition

(23 posts)
by Daba
18083 Posts
Ready to get things pooping
3 years, 6 months ago
5 years, 7 months ago

So, webmaster Pill was my +1 to Cut Copy tonight. The plan was to go to the show then hit up the after-party. The bad news was that by the time we got to the afterparty, it was sold out and we were now rolling like 8 deep so finagling in was not happening. Anyways, they were going to let more people in about an hour later. I wanted to drink somewhere else and then come back in an hour, but no one else was with me. So instead, we went to this bar Happy Ending, which I hate. It was pretty w.0 so then we went to this other bar, Home Sweet Home that's always too crowded.

Long story short, there's drinking and dancing, but I didn't go up to any girls. At one point, this pretty girl bumps into me and says sorry, but I don't think much of it at the time. Anyways, I finally think we're leaving so I exit only to realize no one is following me outside. I go back in the bar and find Pill and his people. 

That's when the pretty girl that bumped into me literally made a b-line for me and then pretty much said she had to talk to me. We talk for a bit and I find out she's from Spain and she wants to keep hanging out tonight. Of course, I have no idea of anything going on at 4AM. Anyways, we keep talking and it's really weird. She asks for my number. Then I ask for her and then she's acting scared that I won't call her. What bizarre world am I in.  She even said something like if I don't call her, if it's okay if she calls me. She also invited me to something that Chloe Sevigny is djing tomorrow. Oh, at one point the dj came up to her and was all like what are you doing and he was like let's hang out tonight and she was like no, I'm hanging out with my friend (that's me). The dj was persistent, but the girl said you never played the Klaxons and that was the reason she gave the guy to leave her alone. haha. 

Ultimately, I went home and not with her, but it was a good ego trip although she was pretty tipsy. This of course does not usually happen to me. I'd say once a year some weird crap like this happens so this is probably it for 2009.

by brandon
300 Posts
5 years, 7 months ago
So, are you going to call her?
by andross
2939 Posts
I saw the Watch the Throne tour, and it was like seeing the moon landing.
2 years, 11 months ago
5 years, 7 months ago
Do it.
by Mike
1193 Posts
loves prefix
5 years, 5 months ago
5 years, 7 months ago
To be continued...?
by margaritaland
71 Posts
5 years, 7 months ago
i love this stories, haha
by B/|nGerKat
3758 Posts
I've seen FOOTAGE
2 years, 5 months ago
5 years, 7 months ago

Call.

Talk.

Date.

Cex.

Marriage.

Little Daba Jr.

/The End

by Al
4433 Posts
5 years, 7 months ago

... you need to follow up on that on buddy.

by theSchoenrock
452 Posts
Our tumblr is the greatest tumblr of all time!!!
4 years, 4 months ago
5 years, 7 months ago
You should totes call her bro. 
by Daba
18083 Posts
Ready to get things pooping
3 years, 6 months ago
5 years, 7 months ago
I'm going to call tonight although I don't really have a plan.
by OMNIS
722 Posts
Self-Made Wizard
5 years, 4 months ago
5 years, 7 months ago
you should give her your business card. take it back to daba diaries '06.
by B/|nGerKat
3758 Posts
I've seen FOOTAGE
2 years, 5 months ago
5 years, 7 months ago

a sunday call?

woah.

by joydivided
427 Posts
photo editing.
5 years, 8 months ago
5 years, 7 months ago
do you hate happy endings cuz you get the urge to fight whenever you're there?
by OMNIS
722 Posts
Self-Made Wizard
5 years, 4 months ago
5 years, 7 months ago
yo dabas you gonna booty call this bitch or what, yo?
by B/|nGerKat
3758 Posts
I've seen FOOTAGE
2 years, 5 months ago
5 years, 7 months ago

You should record the call and post it.

by BUSTER
444 Posts
WOOOOOOF
4 years, 7 months ago
5 years, 7 months ago
Haha, I see this ending with one of her crazy ex-bf's trying to beat you up, but you should go for it!

Post a Reply

Please login to post a reply.

Find us on Facebook

Latest Comments

Recommended