Arrested Development movie in the works - Jeffrey Tambour

(18 posts)
by Daba
18083 Posts
Ready to get things pooping
3 years, 3 months ago
5 years, 8 months ago

On the red carpet, Jeffrey told me he just spoke to Mitch and the movie is a go! He says Mitch Hurwitz spoke to him this week and while he didn’t know when the start date was, he  said, ”when the writer/director calls you it’s a pretty good sign.”

http://www.collider.com/entertainment/interviews/article.asp?aid=9816&tcid=1

by abomunist
90 Posts
is forging the hammer of laziness
5 years, 7 months ago
5 years, 8 months ago
This and MadTV cancelled? What kind of wonderful alternate universe is this?
by Daba
18083 Posts
3 years, 3 months ago
5 years, 8 months ago
hahaha. MadTV wasn't that bad. Well it wasn't bad all the time.
by abomunist
90 Posts
5 years, 7 months ago
5 years, 8 months ago
Well, about %10 was funny. That leaves way, WAAAY too much terrible. MadTV made me sad and angry more than it made me laugh.
by Al
4433 Posts
5 years, 8 months ago

This has nothing to do with this thread... but I needed to put it somewhere.

by Trackrabbit
960 Posts
Can hear a collective rumbling in America.
5 years, 7 months ago
5 years, 8 months ago
Comedy central will still find away to program MadTV all day
by abomunist
90 Posts
5 years, 7 months ago
5 years, 8 months ago

Is it just me or do those new YouTube annotation bubbles, or whatever the fuck they are, add nothing positive? Goddamn.

And the circling vulture that is CC will find a way.

by Daba
18083 Posts
3 years, 3 months ago
3 years, 11 months ago

the heck. it's back on??

The news surrounding the alleged "Arrested Development" movie continues to be as back-and-forth as a Wimbledon tennis match. Despite a fanbase almost more obsessive than those at last week's Comic-Con, the movie has had its ups and downs, with the latest news announced by way of creator Mitch Hurwitz, who confirmed recently that work on the movie's script had begun.

Now, straight from the mouth of George-Michael himself, Michael Cera, who graced MTV News with his presence during our Comic-Con live stream last week, we have further confirmation that the film will indeed happen. And Cera also told us about his hopes and dreams for his character's quirky arc.

"I hope it will happen soon," he said. "I think it's going to ... soon, hopefully." But like every other cast member who has been approached about the subject, Cera didn't have much more to say about the planned production. "I know so little about it," he admitted.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1644757/20100729/story.jhtml

by Daba
18083 Posts
3 years, 3 months ago
3 years, 11 months ago
by EStan
386 Posts
Feelings are boring kissing is awesome
3 years, 8 months ago
3 years, 11 months ago
Looks like Michael Cera's realized he's Michael Cera. His salary circa Superbad/Juno was a big stumbling block.
by Daba
18083 Posts
3 years, 3 months ago
3 years, 11 months ago
i have a feeling scott pilgrim will do well pretty well at the box office. hope that doesn't screw up the AD movie.
by Daba
18083 Posts
3 years, 3 months ago
3 years, 6 months ago

Oh man, I started this thread two years ago. Here's the latest from Ron Howard...

"So he put in a couple years doing that — always letting the 'Arrested Development' movie percolate — and now he's done that. I think this is really now front-and-center in his mind."

The extra time has not only given Hurwitz an opportunity to hone his approach to the film, but to gain confidence in the director's chair. While he's set to direct the adaptation, he never helmed an episode of the TV show. Now he has some directorial experience on his résumé.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1655619/arrested-development-movie-real-priority-ron-howard.jhtml

by Daba
18083 Posts
3 years, 3 months ago
3 years, 5 months ago

Arrested Development” creator Mitch Hurwitz recently did a few interviews and he once again answered questions regarding a potential Arrested Development movie and once again we’re all getting our hopes up for no real reason. Hurwitz claims that he has finally started working on a script for the film and his ambition is to have the project shot, wrapped and released by the end of 2011. 

http://filmdrunk.uproxx.com/2011/02/arrested-development-is-happening

by Daba
18083 Posts
3 years, 3 months ago
3 years, 4 months ago
by h0gy
1736 Posts
3 years, 4 months ago
If this ever comes out there will be a detox-sized let-down.. (assuming that detox will be a disappointment, which is damn near guaranteed)

Post a Reply

Please login to post a reply.

Find us on Facebook

Latest Comments

Recommended