NBA thread season is here!

(220 posts)
by Trackrabbit
960 Posts
Can hear a collective rumbling in America.
6 years ago
6 years, 1 month ago

Outside the Cavs/Celtics pretty low key opening night. Thankfully I got both Pierce and Lebron on my fantasy team. Rudy Fernandez and Ben Gordon did alright for me as well.

Can I put forth a motion for a NBA sticky thread?

by Daba
18083 Posts
Ready to get things pooping
3 years, 8 months ago
6 years, 1 month ago
How is Oden hurt already?  : (
by Al
4433 Posts
6 years, 1 month ago

You've been dying to bust this thread out havent you?

This is the first time in 5 years that I'm not in an NBA fantasy pool. I always lose interest in fantasy leagues after the new year.

Still Im happy to see hoops back in action... I can start getting my ass groove on the couch back into proper form... All is right again.

by Al
4433 Posts
6 years, 1 month ago
How is Oden hurt already?  : (
oh shit... that (man) kid is made of glass. 
by Daba
18083 Posts
3 years, 8 months ago
6 years, 1 month ago

I refuse to play any fantasy sports. Haven't done it in years because it takes up too much time.

Going to sticky this thread.

by B/|nGerKat
3758 Posts
I've seen FOOTAGE
2 years, 7 months ago
6 years, 1 month ago

Are you serious?

He's hurt again?

God damnit!!!

I JUST STARTED A SEASON WITH THE BLAZERS ON NBA2K9!!

I'm 1-4.

I stink.

by Trackrabbit
960 Posts
6 years ago
6 years, 1 month ago

This is my first time doing fantasy anything. Basketball is the only sport I'm nuts enough about to meticulously statwatch.

I had a chance at Oden in the draft but I went for Tyson Chandler and Emeka Okafor instead. I'm happy with my decision. But I might drop my third center Boris Diaw for Spencer Hawes. Looking at his pre-season and opening night numbers, he's breaking out.

by Mike
1193 Posts
loves prefix
5 years, 7 months ago
6 years, 1 month ago
HANSBROUGH IS HURT...... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
by Trackrabbit
960 Posts
6 years ago
6 years, 1 month ago
Boohoo.
by mburr
169 Posts
hates when Jamie Foxx impersonates Ray Charles.
4 years, 9 months ago
6 years, 1 month ago
NBA is boring. NASCAR rules!
by Dipseth
1689 Posts
Free Prefix
2 years, 7 months ago
6 years, 1 month ago
Iverson to Detroit. Boo-yah
by Al
4433 Posts
6 years, 1 month ago
OOHW SNAP!!

Theyre losing Billups though... Im not sure how I feel on this one.
Detroit is risking a lot in the chemistry department.
Also I thought Dumars was looking to trade for the future... I love A.I... but hes an aging force.

by Daba
18083 Posts
3 years, 8 months ago
6 years, 1 month ago

Holy snappers!!!!

I think this makes Detroit a contender.

Billups and McDyess are great, but a recharged Iverson on a team that's actually good? 

by mburr
169 Posts
hates when Jamie Foxx impersonates Ray Charles.
4 years, 9 months ago
6 years, 1 month ago

Iverson is an expiring contract. The Pistons freed up 21.5 million in cap space and got out from under a four year deal with a declining Billups. Sheed and AI on the same team? Quite awesome. 

NASCAR still rules!

by Daba
18083 Posts
3 years, 8 months ago
6 years, 1 month ago

regarding the Pistons having a lot of cap space once AI's contract expires....

Pistons get Iverson now, LeBron later?

Think LeBron James, 2010.

The Pistons president doesn’t just have the salary cap space for the Cleveland Cavaliers star. He also has the connections and the championship credibility. Make no mistake: Detroit and Dumars are officially in hot pursuit of James – maybe even the favorite now – and it promises to be a long, agonizing two years for the Cavaliers.

Detroit doesn’t deliver the bright lights and global metropolis destination that James wants when he opts out of his contract in 2010, but two more years of watching Kobe Bryant win titles could transform his priorities. James wants badly to be considered the best player on the planet and that won’t happen until he’s a champion.

So why Iverson over a possible package for Kidd? Several league executives know exactly why: The trade with Denver to make an unhappy Iverson happier just further imbeds the Detroit franchise deeper into James’ agent, Leon Rose, and advisor, William Wesley. Just as they represent James, they rep Iverson.

And as much as anyone, “World Wide” Wes is one of the most important voices in Lebron’s life. Wesley lives in Detroit, where one of Rose’s clients, Richard Hamilton, is a Pistons star. What’s more, Dumars is close to an agreement with Hamilton on a two-year extension that will keep him through 2012, sources say. This is a terrific show of faith for Hamilton, who is trying to recoup hundreds of thousands of dollars that a business manager allegedly stole from him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=ApJRBjSCkiu7GZb4FMU.kr28vLYF?slug=aw-dumarslebron110308&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Post a Reply

Please login to post a reply.

Find us on Facebook

Latest Comments

Recommended