Idaho Vandals cheerleaders outfits deemed inappropriate (Pics)

(10 posts)
by Daba
18083 Posts
Ready to get things pooping
3 years ago
5 years, 6 months ago

They look like standard cheerleader outfits in 2008.

....the University of Idaho cheerleading squad is being ordered by the university to wear more clothing. It seems their new outfits were deemed too skimpy by some fans. But, as Bruce Pitman, dean of students, was quick to point out to the Associated Press, "To be fair, there were a number of fans who liked them." Of course there were.

With a story like this brewing, the blogosphere is sure to be bubbling. RightFielders had this to say:

"The new Idaho cheerleader uniforms have been fitted, ordered and will be worn in October for the first time. They are 6? longer than the cute versions, remove the team logo from cheerleader ass, and generally look like something your ancestors wore on the Mayflower. They are in black and silver, so picture something resembling a linebacker on the Oakland Raiders."

http://blogs.suntimes.com/sportsprose/2008/09/university_of_idaho_vandals_ch.html

by dukkookim
499 Posts
is on prefixmag.com
5 years, 6 months ago
5 years, 6 months ago

yeah...they look more like NFL outfits. But by all means Idaho...

If you can't play good(losing to Oregon 77-0), look good. 

by ngeier
3 Posts
5 years, 6 months ago

I can't believe I'm on here defending the Vandals.  But there are 2 NCAA division 1 football teams in Idaho, so let's not confuse the two.  DUK boy (not sure if this is your name or you're a Ducks fan).... but the Idaho Vandals have not played Oregon since 2004, a few times before that and then many times back when they were both in the PAC8.  So for the record, the PAC10 team Arizona was the one that handed them a 70 to 0 loss this year. 

If you're referring to Boise (Idaho), or the Boise State Broncos...they just laid the smack down on the #17 Oregon Ducks (in Autzen stadium, supposedly the most hostile stadium in the west), and it wouldn't have even been a game if that 5th stringer QB hadn't been throwing up "nothing to loose" hail mary's in the 4th. 

So before you start commenting on college football scores and stats, know your $h!t.  :)  And yes, I do agree to your general comment on if you're going to loose, why not look HOT doing it.  Too bad people are so conservative they can't let cheerleaders be cheerleaders. =p

by Mike
1193 Posts
loves prefix
4 years, 11 months ago
5 years, 6 months ago
oh, snap!
by dukkookim
499 Posts
is on prefixmag.com
5 years, 6 months ago
5 years, 6 months ago

Ngeier watch your mouth, I'm a USC fan. You know, the team that is currently #1. So thus, I follow the PAC10.  My name is a reference to a boxer but I am actually partial to Oregon, who is still by the way ranked in the top 25(USA Today, #26 in AP). I don't know if winning by 5 points qualifies as "laying the smack down" but yes, Boise State's Freshman QB was impressive.

An example of a "smack down" would be when USC pounced your Vandals last year.  The key phrase you used was "5th string QB."  Although, entering the season, Harper was actually the 4th string qb.  How do you like that $$hit?

Sadly, Idaho cheerleaders look less sexy in lingerie uniforms than USC song girls look in turtlenecks. 

by ngeier
3 Posts
5 years, 6 months ago

BTW I'm not an Idaho Vandal.  Why do you think I started out by saying I can't believe I'm actually defending them.  They are our rival.  For as crappy as their football team is, they still did a lot better job than we do with them every year...we typically beat them 70 to 7, etc.  So when USC has the cajones to come on into Bronco stadium and play us though, we're all for it.  Our other WAC rival team Fresno St. has played with USC just fine. 

As for USC being #1, yes they are for not because they beat a very slow and weak Ohio St. team.   Give the season a chance to play out.  The PAC10 is not looking like it'll help their strength of schedule very well this year.  They will not even get to the National Championship unless Texas helps them by giving Oky one loss.  Otherwise it's a 0 loss SEC team and Oklahoma that's going.  And mind you, I'm partial to Oregon as well since I live in the west.  I even don't mind USC, I just don't like to see facts being misrepresetned.  Sorry.

If you actually watch the BSU-Oregon game the whole way through (and not just the Oregon friendly highlights on your local station), you'll note that Oregon only came within 5 points because of what I said.  They threw in a guy they had no read on, he had nothing to loose, and tossed up hail mary's and miracle shots.  Being loose, in your own stadium does that for you.  Regardless, a W is a W and the Bronc's came away with the first non-BCS win in Autzen that the Ducks have given up in a very long time.  Just like they did to Oklahoma 2 years ago in the Fiesta Bowl.  Also, yes you're right it was a 5th stringer because we knocked #3 and #4 so hard they had to leave the game.  And yes they weren't the #1/2 guy, but that makes you wonder if they should stop playing the spread offense.  How many QB's have they lost over the last 2-3 years in critical spots?  Doesn't seem wise to me.  Coaching always wins in the end, and that's how we do it.

Go Broncs!

by Mike
1193 Posts
loves prefix
4 years, 11 months ago
5 years, 6 months ago
You love the internet jarring, dont you dukkookim!
by dukkookim
499 Posts
is on prefixmag.com
5 years, 6 months ago
5 years, 6 months ago

Wow quite the passionate response.  I'm down with the WAC and that Boise State/OK game was the best of that year.  I was pissed when they almost gave it away.  I'm also a fan of Fresno State but comparing them to USC doesn't make much sense. Though, Fresno State gave them a good game the last time they played.  USC's unparralleled athletisicm and talent made OSU look slow and weak.

Well, if USC doesn't choke and lose to a PAC10 team then they will most likely end up at #1.  There isn't an SEC team strong enough to make it undefeated I don't think. Maybe Florida but Georgia almost lost to SC.  I actually think Missouri will be the toughest challenge for Oklahoma. Texas always chokes against OK. 

Sorry I mistook Oregon for Arizona. Is that what you're so upset about?  I live on the East Coast so the only Oregon game I've been able to watch was the excellent Purdue game. Once again, it was the 4th string QB entering the season -not their 5th. I'm not sure why you knocked USC for their ooc schedule as they schedule the toughest ones of any BCS team(schedules are done well in advance) -with a cupcake like Idaho put in every 5 yrs or so.  Now that Bosie st. is good, I think USC would have no problem scheduling them. In any case, Boise has a good chance for a BCS game. But can there be more than one BCS buster? Because BYU is hella good.

by ngeier
3 Posts
5 years, 6 months ago

Not really mad...just got me into it because I didn't think you knew what was up, obviously you do....and I love football talk, so here we are.  HEHE

But you're right.  Boise State should probably just hope to run it out and get a decent bowl game someone this year and then try to run it up and get a BCS bowl next year.  They are mostly freshman and sophmores at this point.  If they made it this year, we'd have a Hawaii/Georgia on our hands and get our butts kicked.  BYU is probably the team for that this year.

Anyway, no harm no foul on USC.  Again, I like them and the PAC10 in general.  Although they will potentiall face that scheduling issue with the rest of the PAC10 not looking so good this year.  So if there is a 1 loss SEC or 0 loss, and OK does run up the table, it could put USC in a bad spot for going to a title game.  We'll just hope that doesn't happen.

Peace out bro! =p good discussion

by Trackrabbit
960 Posts
Can hear a collective rumbling in America.
5 years, 4 months ago
5 years, 6 months ago
When's basketball starting, I miss those threads.

Post a Reply

Please login to post a reply.

Find us on Facebook

Latest Comments

Recommended