SNL Palin (Tina Fey) & Clinton Parody (Video)

(15 posts)
by Daba
18083 Posts
Ready to get things pooping
3 years ago
5 years, 7 months ago
by brucescott
11 Posts
5 years, 7 months ago

Loved this. 

Clinton: I believe that diplomacy should be the cornerstone of any foreign policy.

Palin: And I can see Alaska from my house!

Pretty much sums it up.  

by andross
2939 Posts
I saw the Watch the Throne tour, and it was like seeing the moon landing.
2 years, 4 months ago
5 years, 7 months ago
Nice. I was wondering who'd they have play Palin, and thought Tina Fey would be perfect, but she wasn't on the show any more. Glad they had her do it.
by Daba
18083 Posts
3 years ago
5 years, 7 months ago
by dukkookim
499 Posts
is on prefixmag.com
5 years, 6 months ago
5 years, 7 months ago
wow Tina Fey is spot-on.  Amy doing Hillary's laugh is always funny.
by Daba
18083 Posts
3 years ago
5 years, 7 months ago

Palin's reaction:

Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin evidently had a good laugh at being parodied in the Saturday Night Live opening skit this weekend.

"She thought it was quite funny, particularly because she once dressed up as Tina Fey for Halloween," her spokesperson Tracey Schmitt said, according to CBS News.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20225789,00.html

by dukkookim
499 Posts
is on prefixmag.com
5 years, 6 months ago
5 years, 7 months ago
Uh, how did she dress up as Tina Fey? Let her hair down?
by des!
52 Posts
is awesome.
5 years ago
5 years, 7 months ago
So so so good.
by Daba
18083 Posts
3 years ago
5 years, 7 months ago

How they got Tina Fey's hair like Sarah Palin....40 to 50 hours of work.

While any girl or boy can, technically, grow up to be president, only Tina Fey can become Sarah Palin, at least on “Saturday Night Live.” 

And even for her, that means a hairdresser, a team of wig makers, colorists and a pound of human hair.“A wig takes 40 to 50 hours to make,” said Bettie Rogers, the show’s head of the hairstyling department. “We read the sketches on Wednesday night to determine the wigs to be built at Bob Kelly’s, a wig maker on 46th Street. The ladies who make the wigs work around the clock until Friday night, sometimes even late Saturday

“After Tina saw the wig on her head, she thought her ears stuck out,” Ms. Rogers said. “She wanted her ears glued back. That required the services of Louie the Makeup God. That was around the dress rehearsal, late in the day Saturday.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/17/nyregion/17about.html?ref=television

by andross
2939 Posts
2 years, 4 months ago
5 years, 7 months ago
I think the funniest part of Palin's reaction is that she missed that the point of the clip was that she was bad for Vice President. She's like, oh wow, Tina Fey played me on SNL how cool! Instead of, oh shit, I really look bad in this one.
by Daba
18083 Posts
3 years ago
5 years, 7 months ago
Yeah, Palin is unreal
by dukkookim
499 Posts
is on prefixmag.com
5 years, 6 months ago
5 years, 7 months ago
I think she understood that.  I don't think she's going to come out and say "they did a good job of making me look like a dumbass."
by andross
2939 Posts
2 years, 4 months ago
5 years, 7 months ago
Yeah, she won't say that, but her official response was that she essentially has no concept of humor.
by Daba
18083 Posts
3 years ago
5 years, 7 months ago
Well she basically said they did a good job of making her look like a dumbass. It was a strange reaction because most times people would just not comment versus saying the skit was funny.
by dukkookim
499 Posts
is on prefixmag.com
5 years, 6 months ago
5 years, 7 months ago
Actually I think it was a good response on her part.   I think she didn't want to acknowledge SNL's knee-jerk to the entire nation...which SNL would have liked.  Playing dumb is all about spite.  She knew what they were trying to say.  Just because she doesn't have the creds to be a VP doesn't make her an absolute idiot.                                                                    

Post a Reply

Please login to post a reply.

Find us on Facebook

Latest Comments

Recommended