Beijing Olympics most-watched U.S. TV event in history

(9 posts)
by Daba
18083 Posts
Ready to get things pooping
3 years, 3 months ago
5 years, 11 months ago

I actually barely watched myself, but I did follow the results over the internet. Looks like I was in the minority.

Through 16 days of coverage, 211 million viewers tuned in to the Olympics on NBC Universal's broadcast and cable outlets, according to NBC citing Nielsen Media Research.

That's 2 million more than watched the 1996 Atlanta Games, the previous all-time record-holder. And with Sunday's Games coverage and closing ceremony, NBC Universal expects to wrap up its 17-day run with gold-medal-worthy numbers. The company stands a strong chance of setting a new most-viewed benchmark thanks to its unprecedented dedication of 3,600 hours of Games coverage across a multitude of platforms.

In Beijing, the final day of the Games drew nearly all of China's 1.3 billion people to their televisions, making it "likely to be the most widely watched Games in Olympic history," according to International Olympics Committee president Jacques Rogge.

http://www.reuters.com/article/entertainmentNews/idUSN2547356720080825

by Al
4433 Posts
5 years, 11 months ago

Yeah London's gonna have a hard time following that up.

On another note I'm glad the 'redeem team' came through.

Kobe's ill.

by Mike
1193 Posts
loves prefix
5 years, 2 months ago
5 years, 11 months ago
That final with Spain was a good game.
by dukkookim
499 Posts
is on prefixmag.com
5 years, 10 months ago
5 years, 11 months ago
A lot of the press over there, i.e. the Times criticized the  Beijing olympic organizers for being boring and unspontaneous in their spirit -I'm asuming other than their amazing opening and closing ceremonies. They said the typical Olympic "festive" attitude wasn't there.  ESPN said Phelps saved the Olympics.
by Daba
18083 Posts
Ready to get things pooping
3 years, 3 months ago
5 years, 11 months ago
glad the US won the gold in hoops!
by Trackrabbit
960 Posts
Can hear a collective rumbling in America.
5 years, 7 months ago
5 years, 11 months ago

Yeah the mens final game and phelps winning his 7th and 8th gold ar ethe only events i really watched.

I can't believe they're selling a DVD of the opening and closing ceremonies. 

by rachel juarez-carr
148 Posts
www.countessian.com
1 year, 5 months ago
5 years, 11 months ago

The opening ceremony was amazing! Or maybe we're just easily amazed in my house. We liked the men's water polo, too, and the men's swimming. The women's swimming we pretty much just watched to be glad that we don't have those shoulders. Didn't watch much else.

(We don't really like sport.) 

by dukkookim
499 Posts
is on prefixmag.com
5 years, 10 months ago
5 years, 11 months ago
water polo rules.
by AZdesertman
14 Posts
It is always so bright here
5 years, 10 months ago
5 years, 10 months ago

I failed to watch a single event. I did manage to see a photo of Dubya sitting next to Putin.

I couldn't avoid the Micheal Phelps dog & pony show, it was everywhere.

27,000 children die each day of cureable disease.

Post a Reply

Please login to post a reply.

Find us on Facebook

Latest Comments

Recommended