4 years, 3 months ago

Cover art for Kanye's single "Power."

http://bossip.com/263281/kanye-west-artwork-for-new-jawn-power/

by Daba
18083 Posts
Ready to get things pooping
3 years, 5 months ago
4 years, 3 months ago

Despite her time in the Big Apple, M.I.A. has chosen to raise her son in Los Angeles.

“I wanted an environment where I could have a lot of friends and family come and stay,” she told GQ. “And in New York I wouldn’t have been able to afford someplace where I could have, like, all my friends come and crash out and where I could still have a baby.”

http://www.rap-up.com/2010/06/30/mia-and-son-ikhyd-take-on-nyc/

Her guy is the son of a billionaire though.

???

Cute pics with her kid!

by Daba
18083 Posts
3 years, 5 months ago
4 years, 3 months ago
by andross
2939 Posts
I saw the Watch the Throne tour, and it was like seeing the moon landing.
2 years, 10 months ago
4 years, 3 months ago
Shit is sooooo gully. 
by tHE0ldfella
2 Posts
4 years, 3 months ago

Hi ppl...

Kinda new here, but i'll give it a shot..

i'm looking for an mp3 of Sheryl Crows (All Down The Line)

and don't know the Album; hope someone can help me out...?

thanx:)

by andross
2939 Posts
I saw the Watch the Throne tour, and it was like seeing the moon landing.
2 years, 10 months ago
4 years, 3 months ago
Hahahahahahahahaha. 
by Daba
18083 Posts
3 years, 5 months ago
4 years, 3 months ago

andross just give her the sheryl crow mp3!!! bwhahaa

http://www.buzzfeed.com/besi/love-will-tear-us-apart-again-thx/

by Daba
18083 Posts
3 years, 5 months ago
4 years, 2 months ago

Alicia Keys Falls on Stage...

by Daba
18083 Posts
3 years, 5 months ago
4 years, 2 months ago
by h0gy
1736 Posts
4 years, 2 months ago
Anybody else feeling that Mount Wittenberg Orca as much as I am? The 'Sharing Orb' to 'No Embrace' transition is pretty bomb, even when I play it on tinny computer speakers despite Herr Longstreth's advice...
by dkolitz
59 Posts
4 years, 2 months ago

So I wrote this semi-parody of the classic hyperbolic record review as part of a short story I was putting together, and thought you guys/girls might appreciate it, what with most of y'all being (way more level-headed) music critics. In the context of the story, the person writing the review is in love with his boss.

You wake up. Maybe you’re hungover, maybe you’re not, but regardless, it hurts. The workday is a blur of broken dreams, burnt coffee, and insufferable co-workers. Maybe your mother’s in the hospital. Maybe your kid is cutting himself. Maybe you’re in love with your boss. Maybe it feels like all the Prozac in the world couldn’t make your waste of a life any more tolerable. You need something, anything else.

Enter Classic American Burger. The name itself conjures better time: a Rockwellian era of massive ninety-nine cent cheeseburgers and gentle kisses from Sally behind the roller-rink. And, certainly, the 11 songs found on this stunning debut LP do have a sort of unshakeable post-war optimism to them. But deep at this record’s core is a distinctly 21st century hurt, a hurt redolent of unreturned drunk texts to mistresses you met on Match.com and tense hours spent watching MSNBC, waiting for it all to climb.

By marrying Elvis’ swagger to Robert Smith’s miserablism, John Bonham’s fiery drums to Kevin Shield’s mercurial guitar, Classic American Burger have crafted a remarkable obituary for the last fifty years of music, announcing itself in heartwarmingly sublte terms as the absolute, unquestionable future of music. In other words: Classic American Burger has shot genre—along with everything else we thought we knew about music—in the motherfucking face.

The world Classic American Burger creates here—and it really is, like with any monumental album, a fully-formed world we’re introduced to here—is one where thick hip-hop beats live comfortably next to, even throw all day cook-outs with, jangly college rock guitars. Where Stephen Malkmus is taught somehow to be both more and less oblique at the same time. Where every child is happy, every mother immortal, every love requited.

Classic American Burger’s non-presence on the internet (no Twitter, no Tumblr, not even a fucking MySpace) is, admittedly, a nice touch. Adorable throwback to the pre-internet era, guys (or, for all we know, girls). Now show yourselves. Show yourselves, so we can bow down at your feet, so we can place all the misplaced love we have onto your broad shoulders. We may never know who you are, Classic American Burger. But know that you’ve saved at least one life.

by h0gy
1736 Posts
4 years, 2 months ago
^ does your "semi-parody" & "hyperbolic" self write for pitchfork by any chance? This totally reminds me of something I'd see over there...
by dkolitz
59 Posts
4 years, 2 months ago
Ah, well, I didn't want to name names, but in the context of the story...yes.
by Al
4433 Posts
4 years, 2 months ago

I enjoyed that.

by Daba
18083 Posts
3 years, 5 months ago
4 years, 2 months ago

Post a Reply

Please login to post a reply.

Find us on Facebook