Best Heaphones Around?

(12 posts)
by MDSaidThis
2 Posts
4 years, 6 months ago
My bro Troy swears by his Sony headphones, but I'm partial to my Beats By Dre Studio headphones (yeah I paid cuz I was tired of static earbuds). What ya'll rockin? What looks better with your gear?
by kwaping
340 Posts
music.kwaping.com - Dragon... twister!!
4 years, 9 months ago
4 years, 6 months ago
The Beats are great headpones, just keep some extra batteries handy at all times. I prefer open circumaural headphones, though I will wear closed in noisy environments or buds if I have to (appeances, portability). Right this very second, I'm wearing my Sennheiser HD-650s (they're also in my avatar, hidden though). I also have a pair of BeyerDynamic DT-770 Pros. The sound of the BDs is worse than the Senns, but they do block out annoying co-workers quite well. :) I would recommend either pair, depending on budget and open/closed preference.
by kwaping
340 Posts
4 years, 9 months ago
4 years, 6 months ago
Also, check out http://headphonereviews.org/. As you might have guessed, I'm really into headphones. :)
by Daba
18083 Posts
Ready to get things pooping
3 years, 6 months ago
4 years, 6 months ago

I heard the Beats are amazing.

I've used Shure, Sony, V-Moda and Sennheiser earphones. I like the V-Moda and Sennheiser the most to date.

I think a lot of the WESC headphones look cool but I have no idea how they perform.

http://wesc.com/stuff/2605

by pill
737 Posts
prefixing
2 years, 3 months ago
4 years, 6 months ago
my earbuds ALWAYS BREAK!  so i buy cheap sony ones now.  does anyone make indestructable ones?  actually i mailed in some shure headphones for warranty and they totally ignored me.  i did the same with skullcandy and they sent me some new ones fairly quickly, so i guess that was good.
by Daba
18083 Posts
Ready to get things pooping
3 years, 6 months ago
4 years, 6 months ago

i'm surprised you didn't stick with skull candy.

the reason i always switch is because they always break.

by andross
2939 Posts
I saw the Watch the Throne tour, and it was like seeing the moon landing.
2 years, 10 months ago
4 years, 6 months ago
I can't do the ear buds anymore. I played drums for a bunch of years, and my ears get totes fucked up any time I roll with earbuds. So instead, I go with some over-the-ear stereo headphones from Sony that were fairly cheap ($24). 
by pill
737 Posts
prefixing
2 years, 3 months ago
4 years, 6 months ago
the skullcandy's broke again, i was too lazy to send them back in!  maybe i gotta switch to over the ears.
by BrYan
78 Posts
hey look new status!
4 years, 6 months ago
4 years, 6 months ago
skullcandy skullcrushers are my favorite but they break every year and half or so. made of cheap plastic. thats only downside i think. the skullcandy hesh headphones are the WORST! they kill my ears after wearing them for just 5 minutes. i had to return them
by kwaping
340 Posts
4 years, 9 months ago
4 years, 6 months ago

Avoid the WESC if you listen for long periods. Very uncomfortable after a pretty short amount of time. I got some for free from my company and they're just collecting dust.

I'd go so far as to say any supraaural headphones are going to be uncomfortable after a while. There are some VERY good ones (Grado), but I would never buy them. Buds or circumaural for me, all the way.

I love talking headphones! :)

by Al
4433 Posts
4 years, 6 months ago

Its about time you updated your status BrYan... I was starting to worry.

On another note, making indestructable ear buds would be shitty for business.

by brandon
300 Posts
4 years, 6 months ago
I rock the iFrogz right now. Very inexpensive and sound is fine, and when my first pair broke more quickly than expected, they sent me another pair (that arrived more quickly than expected).

Post a Reply

Please login to post a reply.

Find us on Facebook

Latest Comments

Recommended