What is one band everyone loves, but you can't stand?

(17 posts)
by Dipseth
1689 Posts
Free Prefix
1 year, 11 months ago
4 years, 9 months ago
I tend to be talking more critically accliamed stuff and not say Jeremih. For me it's Arcade Fire. I DL'ed their first album, after always logging into Amazon.com and seeing Funeral in recommendations you might like. Then when I listened to it, I just thought it was OK but was disappointed. I think I was more mad at Amazon.com than anything else. So even when Neon Bible came out and a bunch of my friends said they loved it, I wouldn't even give it a try due to my spurnned feelings from 2004. I will say though that song in the Where the Wild Things Are trailer does get me.
by Daba
18083 Posts
Ready to get things pooping
3 years ago
4 years, 9 months ago

My friend told me last night he doesn't like Arcade Fire.

I told him that they're my favorite band of the last 5+ years hands down.

I don't think any band makes epic music like they do. It's like the Braveheart of music.

I think Funeral is definitely better than Neon Bible though.

by OMNIS
722 Posts
Self-Made Wizard
4 years, 10 months ago
4 years, 9 months ago

I'm still not understanding the Jeremih hate. If you don't hate R&B in general, dude isn't bad.

I tend to think everything Anticon related is boring and pretentious. Though Jel's 2006 album was thoroughly enjoyable. Their fans are the worst part.

"I like Anticon because it's 'real' hip-hop."

Barf.

by OMNIS
722 Posts
Self-Made Wizard
4 years, 10 months ago
4 years, 9 months ago
I should also mention that I went to a Jel show with BZA once, and it was full of nothing but trustafarians and columbiners.
by h0gy
1736 Posts
4 years, 9 months ago
I'm a pretty large arcade fire fan, although I thought neon bible was a disappointing followup to the funeral... This may cause blowback but I really can't get into the decemberists... Colins voice just gives me a migraine but everyone seems to rate their catalogue pretty highly...
by kwaping
340 Posts
music.kwaping.com - Dragon... twister!!
4 years, 2 months ago
4 years, 9 months ago
Band of Horses
by hambobby
1 Posts
4 years, 9 months ago

I agree completely about the Decemberists...  For me right now it's Grizzly Bear.  I've been trying to give Veckatimest a chance for the last month and a half, but I come away bored and unsatisfied each time. I respect them as musicians, but I just don't understand why they get such high praise.

by mhoven
3 Posts
4 years, 9 months ago
Death Cab for Cutie is the one band I have a hard time being honest with my friends about. Why are Ben Gibbard's side projects (the Postal Service, All-Time Quarterback) so much more interesting than his full-time band?
by evbourn
3 Posts
4 years, 9 months ago

Lately, La Roux.

I think they are just bad, period.

by Al
4433 Posts
4 years, 9 months ago
I got a lot, but MGMT is probably tops on my list.
by jennacide
97 Posts
O.N.E.
4 years, 1 month ago
4 years, 9 months ago

i think that arcade fire will actually be a great band, like i will be able to put them in line with the cure, morrissey and the beatles.

you know what i mean by Great Band is that they will last.

like the different between mr. right and mr. right now.

and on a thread just like this about a year ago, i put "girl talk" as my token hate band. now it's in my tops. i'm pretty sure that i won't start liking grizzly bear, other than that one song "the knife."

by WilliamTrinity
53 Posts
blames Jay-Z for not pushing my album.
4 years, 5 months ago
4 years, 9 months ago

Dirty Projectors, Dirty Projectors, Dirty Projectors.  I really can't stand Bitte Orca. Most annoying thing I've heard all year. 

I'm also not into Animal Collective either. Maybe a song or two on each album, but not enough to make me think much of them. And at that they're still way better than Dirty Projectors. 

And I consider myself a Arcade Fire fan. I'm one of the few that thinks Neon Bible is better than Funeral.  

by afteri
1 Posts
going to dance until I see sun
4 years, 11 months ago
4 years, 9 months ago

DIRTY PROJECTORS.  I really liked "Knotty Pine" with David Byrne, but that is literally it; the rest of their music sounds like cats fighting over disjointed mockery of chamber pop.

Tool.  The name says it all.

Death Cab For Cutie just fucking sucks.

Regina Spektor.

mewithoutyou.

Funeral is far better than Neon Bible, I don't know who Jeremih is, and I don't know how to pronounce that name, and Veckatimest is great.

by mattycakes
394 Posts
4 years, 9 months ago

Hah, sounds like we really do need that "hate" button.

Uhh, Vampire Weekend anybody?

by Dipseth
1689 Posts
Free Prefix
1 year, 11 months ago
4 years, 9 months ago

I didn't mean to offend Jeremih fans, as I honestly can say I haven't given his music a full chance. It was more of an example, and I know I've read some ill feelings for him here before. Perhaps Soulja Boy would've been a better example -- although I don't think he's as bad as people say. Well yeah he is, but he does make some catchy ass music.

Hate on!!!

Post a Reply

Please login to post a reply.

Find us on Facebook

Latest Comments

Recommended