Random Prefix Film/TV Chat: The Thread

(624 posts)
by sunny
7 Posts
4 years, 3 months ago

thanks for your sharing!

my fav tv show is how i met your mother.

by Daba
18083 Posts
Ready to get things pooping
3 years, 7 months ago
4 years, 3 months ago

"Ghostbusters is the most influential movie of my childhood. And I would not want to be the reason that Ghostbusters was all of a sudden bad." —Michael Cera, putting to rest rumors he will appear in Ghostbusters 3 [USAT]

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2010/08/michael_cera_will_let_some_other.html

by andross
2939 Posts
I saw the Watch the Throne tour, and it was like seeing the moon landing.
2 years, 11 months ago
4 years, 3 months ago

Has anyone watched Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip? It's on Netflix Instant, and I've become hooked. But not because I like it: It's interesting to me in that it's the most highly considered, well-put together show I've ever seen that is a total bomb. I mean, it's about a comedy show, but I haven't ever laughed at it. It's also about people at a network, but the storys about the network hardly ever seem like what would happen at a TV network with millions of dollars. Matthew Perry can't act, but he is the star of the show. Aaron Sorkin has never talked to a human being in a real way, yet he writes nearly every script.

There's also a problem I have with the reality of the show: They go through immense pains to be like, this is not SNL, we are in a world where Studio 60 and SNL both exist and NBC is a great network. The only problem is that Friends was also on NBC, and also existed in real life, so then is Studio 60 taking place in a universe where only SNL was ever on NBC? Or are we supposed to remember that Lorne Michaels is the producer of SNL, but not remember that Matthew Perry was on NBC on Friends? (You can also apply that to Bradley Whitford, who was on NBC on West Wing). It's just fucking bizarre to me. Like don't mention any shows on NBC, or pretend the tool from Friends is the tool on Studio 60.

But yeah, I'm like totally hooked on this now. It's like a case study on how bad a "good" show can be. I mean, shit like Bones is obviously the worst, but it's not like that show is pretending to be a think-piece about what it's like to be a lab worker (or whatever). It's not like The Suite Life of Zack And Cody pretend to be a deconstruction of the hotel industry. In that regard, Studio 60 might be the worst show ever.  

by B/|nGerKat
3758 Posts
I've seen FOOTAGE
2 years, 6 months ago
4 years, 3 months ago
I'll check it out, dooode/
by B/|nGerKat
3758 Posts
I've seen FOOTAGE
2 years, 6 months ago
4 years, 3 months ago

I'm about to finish watching Kick Ass.

Cage is pretty enjoyable in this.

by h0gy
1736 Posts
4 years, 3 months ago

@ andross, I've tried*, shit frustrated me too much to continue, maybe I'll try again and just expect it to be horrendous.

@ b/\nger, indeed, I found the same thing with "Bad Lieutenant: Port Call of New Orleans"... unless dude plays a Ridiculous character I can't take him.

Anyone ever watch the show 'Justified'? That first season was pretty solid.

by Daba
18083 Posts
3 years, 7 months ago
4 years, 3 months ago
by Daba
18083 Posts
3 years, 7 months ago
4 years, 3 months ago
by B/|nGerKat
3758 Posts
I've seen FOOTAGE
2 years, 6 months ago
4 years, 3 months ago
lol@woowoowoowoowoowoowoo
by B/|nGerKat
3758 Posts
I've seen FOOTAGE
2 years, 6 months ago
4 years, 3 months ago

I need to add a movie to my netflix queue.

Recommend me something, plz.

Is Bad Lieutenant worth watching?

I have "Mother" in my queue, but I need something else.

by h0gy
1736 Posts
4 years, 3 months ago

Bad Lieutenant is kind of worth watching, not great, Cage < Harvey Keitel

Search "A Prophet", its the best... its French but don't hold that against it.

by Daba
18083 Posts
3 years, 7 months ago
4 years, 3 months ago

I remember when Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip came out that there was this big debate one whether it or 30 Rock would be more successful. Guess we know the answer.

As for Kick-Ass, was it good Banger? I wanted to see it but someone told me over the weekend it was terrible.

by B/|nGerKat
3758 Posts
I've seen FOOTAGE
2 years, 6 months ago
4 years, 3 months ago

Whoever told you Kick Ass is terrible doesn't know shit about awesome movies.

I fucking loved it.

I'll def. buy this movie.

by Daba
18083 Posts
3 years, 7 months ago
4 years, 3 months ago
by Bob
1407 Posts
Back?
3 years, 6 months ago
4 years, 3 months ago
I kind of miss Studio 60.

If you haven't yet, check out In the Loop. I think it's a couple years old but hilarious stuff.

Post a Reply

Please login to post a reply.

Find us on Facebook

Latest Comments

Recommended