Article: Don’t Bring Your Children To R-Rated Movies!

(10 posts)
by BrYan
78 Posts
hey look new status!
4 years, 4 months ago
4 years, 3 months ago

Here's an article I wrote. Do you guys agree or no?

http://www.readjunk.com/articles/dont-bring-your-children-to-r-rated-movies

by Daba
18083 Posts
Ready to get things pooping
3 years, 3 months ago
4 years, 3 months ago

^agreed.

by Al
4433 Posts
4 years, 3 months ago

Partly. We had a thread like this a while back.

In regards to your article; I agree that if a movie is R rated you should leave your kid at home, end of story.

Overall though your article seemed more like you just don’t want kids in theatres at all. Complaining about kids at a kids movie is a little selfish on your part. Kids exist. It’s something that non parents have trouble dealing with. The argument about a child’s behaviour in public places is another topic completely. I bring my toddler to kids movies all the time. He doesn’t talk or scream or kick the seats, but he will tend to get restless when the screen isn’t providing jolts. That’s cause he’s a child.  Children are restless little people, that need to be engaged.  

No doubt it’s sad to see parents who are subordinate to their children. But at the same time its arrogant to believe that you will have it all figured out when (if) you get in their shoes. 

All in all Im sorry your movie got ruined by shitty kids. I’ve gone to movies that were ruined by bratty adults that wanted to converse during a film’s dialogue (numerous times). My point I guess is that shit happens dude.    

Also 2nd last paragraph “Another trend…”

by h0gy
1736 Posts
4 years, 3 months ago

@ Al, it could have meant that parents and newborns are treading on other theatre goers..

In terms of kid @ movies, I like watching movies in absolute silence, so that I can fully resonate with the characters. That being said, aside from Avatar I can't remember the last movie I saw in a theater that also contained kids, and any kids I heard talking during it didn't phase me too much as the movie was not exactly cerebral... In general, I have experienced way more scenarios with large groups of teenagers talking loudly because they snuck in their first mickey of vodka, which I find way more annoying because when I was underage and drinking in theaters it just made me more focused on the movie if anything...

by BrYan
78 Posts
hey look new status!
4 years, 4 months ago
4 years, 3 months ago
@ Al: Meant trend, thanks for the pointing that out. I'll fix. I know where parents are coming from, I'm just trying to raise a stink haha. And just bitchy about it because it seems like its happening in my area more than just once. I just hate talking in movies in general. i get easily distracted when someone is talking. I generally hate it when kids are in the theaters (adult movies more than anythng) because they usually are the ones ruining the movie. Although, I have had plenty of experiences with other certain groups, handicap people (yeah yeah I'm an asshole haha) and old people that feel need to mention which actor is on the screen and what other movies they have been. "that guy was in that movie!" the difference between adults and kids is I can tell them to shut up. where as a kid you can't very well do that too. you can tell the parent to tell them to shut i guess. I'm not saying all kids are bad in movies, in my experience a good majority of them are but i think it's the parents fault in the end for not doing something about it.
by Daba
18083 Posts
3 years, 3 months ago
4 years, 3 months ago

I hate when kids are being brats and their parents are there doing nothing.

w.0

by Al
4433 Posts
4 years, 3 months ago

Yeah I pretty much get that your trying to raise a stink with your article, the exclamation marks gave it away.  I'll go leave a pissy comment on there to get the ball rolling.

But yeah I know what you dudes are saying, lots of parents just let their kids run the show, and its pathetic. I blame all these new age parenting philosophies, about not stagnating a childs exploration of his/her own personality. That kind of thought combined with laziness and lack of backbone from the parents. 

Parenting is work, so get to work fuckers. Your the leader of your family, so act like it.

Im a firm believer in fear and consequences too bryan. It worked for my parents and goddammit it works for me.

by BrYan
78 Posts
hey look new status!
4 years, 4 months ago
4 years, 3 months ago
I think it's more of lack of backbone or simply just not giving a shit. If its too much work on the parents, they don't care and just let the kids do anything. Here go watch some TV while mom and dad snort some coke haha.
by dukkookim
499 Posts
is on prefixmag.com
5 years, 10 months ago
4 years, 3 months ago
i don't think parents should bring their kids to any movie that's not relevant to them...including babies.
by Daba
18083 Posts
3 years, 3 months ago
4 years, 3 months ago

Post a Reply

Please login to post a reply.

Find us on Facebook

Latest Comments

Recommended