Treme - new HBO via the heads behind the (superb) Wire

(7 posts)
by h0gy
1736 Posts
4 years, 7 months ago

Anybody else stoked for this? I watched 'The Pacific' last weekend and it looks like the people behind my other favourite HBO series (Band of Brothers) have produced another banger.

I'm hoping that my massive love of the Wire doesn't make it hard for me to like this show, I mean its not like Marlo, Bubbles or McNulty's post-series story-arc could have traveled south for a life in N'awlens over the past two years,,, or could they?!?

Either way, Bunk is back,, and this show will probably be tight.

by Thumbu
5 Posts
4 years, 7 months ago

I think it'll be great. A lot of musical guests slated to be on the first season (including Elvis Costello, of all people). There's a new trailer here, too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWKSHbdwrQo

by MFB
110 Posts
NP: Mogwai - Young Team
4 years, 7 months ago
4 years, 7 months ago
This should be really good. But yeah, The Wire = best show ever. The Pacific kicked off well. I sometimes wish you could watch HBO shows in movie theaters, they're good.
by andross
2939 Posts
I saw the Watch the Throne tour, and it was like seeing the moon landing.
2 years, 10 months ago
4 years, 7 months ago
My favorite line about this trailer comes from Videogum: If any show can take back the towers, this is it. 
by h0gy
1736 Posts
4 years, 6 months ago

I love John Goodman's character, its like Walter from the big lebowski with a more cogent cause to rail on..

by Daba
18083 Posts
Ready to get things pooping
3 years, 6 months ago
4 years, 6 months ago
bump.
by MFB
110 Posts
NP: Mogwai - Young Team
4 years, 7 months ago
4 years, 6 months ago
Watched the first episode, excited to check out the second tonight. Very promising.

Post a Reply

Please login to post a reply.

Find us on Facebook

Latest Comments

Recommended