Netflix - Whatcha Watchin?

(181 posts)
by ivanmitchell
8 Posts
4 years, 10 months ago
The Incredibles is such a great movie. Will probably be in my top 30 for the decade. I've been trying to catch up on movies I own but haven't seen yet since I want to a decade list. This weekend it was Cache (Hidden), which is about as unnerving a movie that you can watch without a high level of intensity.
by andross
2939 Posts
I saw the Watch the Throne tour, and it was like seeing the moon landing.
2 years, 10 months ago
4 years, 10 months ago
I prefer Monsters Inc, myself. But Incredibles was good too. Has there been any studio with as great a run as Pixar in the last decade? I guess Paramount Vantage's 2007 was the bomb (No Country for Old Men and There Will Be Blood).
by h0gy
1736 Posts
4 years, 10 months ago
don't forget into the wild, I really liked that movie too.. can't compare to no country or will be blood but it was pretty solid and also in 2007...
by mattycakes
394 Posts
4 years, 9 months ago
I just saw Synecdoche, New York the other night and really, really loved it. It was sad and funny and weird and lovely in parts. Haven't liked something that much in years.
by brandon
300 Posts
4 years, 9 months ago
I've wanted to watch that since it came out, but it seems like such an investment for some reason. I haven't quite found the mood yet. Am I totally off in thinking that?
by andross
2939 Posts
I saw the Watch the Throne tour, and it was like seeing the moon landing.
2 years, 10 months ago
4 years, 9 months ago
It does take a total investment. I watched it on Netflix instant one Saturday morning, and I felt drained afterwards. It's kind of a mind workout to watch that.
by h0gy
1736 Posts
4 years, 9 months ago
in my opinion the best movie of 2008 was Synecdoche, New York and the best movie of 2009 was A Serious Man... although both movies were so complex I needed to watch twice in order to appreciate them fully..
by Daba
18083 Posts
Ready to get things pooping
3 years, 5 months ago
4 years, 9 months ago
Just saw 'Smashing Machine,' a documentary about MMA fighter Mark Kerr. It was pretty good, but I don't know if non-MMA fans will like it.
by Battle
2 Posts
Battle trailer will be released 12/31/9
4 years, 9 months ago
4 years, 9 months ago
"Medicine For Melancholy" for an indie film it was visually stunning! Have 2 buy it now.
by Daba
18083 Posts
3 years, 5 months ago
4 years, 9 months ago

Just saw 'Pursuit of Happyness.' It was pretty good, but for some reason I thought it was going to be amazing. Not sure why I thought that.

by CraigJenkins
194 Posts
twitter.com/CraigSJ
3 years, 1 month ago
4 years, 9 months ago

Watched "The Messenger," where Ben Foster and Woody Harrelson (who's having a really good year) play soldiers whose job is give death notices to dead soldiers' next of kin. Really weird, moody, almost reverent tone to it. Great performances all around.

Pursuit of Happyness was ok. Kind of a hammy tearjerker though. Will Smith hasn't had to convey much in the way of subtlety since 6 Degrees.

by Dipseth
1689 Posts
Free Prefix
2 years, 4 months ago
4 years, 9 months ago
I watched "In Search of a Midnight Kiss," "Two Lovers," and "The Edge of Love" recently. They were all kinda meh, but you got to see Keira Knightley and Gwyneth Paltrow's booby in the latter two.
by Daba
18083 Posts
3 years, 5 months ago
4 years, 9 months ago
I'm soooo hip. "Knocked Up" just came in.
by brandon
300 Posts
4 years, 9 months ago
After Les Enfants Terribles, I went a little more current, but still old-school: Serpico. 
by Daba
18083 Posts
3 years, 5 months ago
4 years, 9 months ago
I love Serpico. 

Post a Reply

Please login to post a reply.

Find us on Facebook

Latest Comments

Recommended