3 years, 5 months ago
4 years, 8 months ago
true blood sounds w.0
by Daba
18083 Posts
Ready to get things pooping
3 years, 5 months ago
4 years, 7 months ago
Just saw this movie 'The Bank Job' on Showtime. It was pretty entertaining. I think I like Jason Statham movies. 
by oceanRain
29 Posts
4 years, 7 months ago
Re Daba. I saw that one. It is pretty good. I watched The Life of David Gale, starring Kate Winslet, Kevin Spacey and Laura Linney. I thought it was going to be a boring version of Dead Man Walking, but it was really good. It's the story of a prominent anti-capital punishment advocate who finds himself on death row.
by Daba
18083 Posts
3 years, 5 months ago
4 years, 7 months ago

^^ that sounds like a good one or at least something I'd want to watch.

Finally saw Knocked Up tonight. Pretty much what I expected. Wish it was a a bit shorter. I would've liked it more. Gave it 3 stars on Netflix. 

by Daba
18083 Posts
3 years, 5 months ago
4 years, 6 months ago

Just saw the last 30 minutes of this movie 'Lymelife' on Sho2.

Pretty good.

Official site: http://www.screenmediafilms.net/lymel...

Director: Derick Martini
Writers: Derick Martini and Steven Martini

Alec Baldwin - Mickey Bartlett
Kieran Culkin - Jimmy Bartlett
Rory Culkin - Scott Bartlett
Jill Hennessy - Brenda Bartlett
Timothy Hutton - Charlie Bragg
Cynthia Nixon - Melissa Bragg
Emma Roberts - Adrianna Bragg

Set in late-seventies Long Island, Lymelife follows two families who crumble when tangled relationships, real estate problems and Lyme disease converge in the heart of suburbia. Fifteen-year-old Scott Bartlett is a gentle boy, radically different from his blustery father Mickey and tightly wired mother Brenda. An outbreak of Lyme disease, as well as the accompanying paranoia, hits their suburban community hard. When the Bartletts' neighbour Charlie Bragg is diagnosed with the illness, Brenda calms her fears by duct-taping Scott's cuffs shut.

by andross
2939 Posts
I saw the Watch the Throne tour, and it was like seeing the moon landing.
2 years, 9 months ago
4 years, 6 months ago
I've been making my way through Futurama again. 
by Daba
18083 Posts
3 years, 5 months ago
4 years, 6 months ago
'Big Lebowski' has been sitting on my desk for many weeks.
by B/|nGerKat
3758 Posts
I've seen FOOTAGE
2 years, 4 months ago
4 years, 6 months ago

Lebowski is avail for netflix instant browser.

Just sayin'.

by Daba
18083 Posts
3 years, 5 months ago
4 years, 6 months ago

@B^NGER I knew it was available but I like watching films on my tv over my computer.

this movie 'Baby on Board' was on Showtime tonight. One of the worst films I've ever seen.

by Daba
18083 Posts
3 years, 5 months ago
4 years, 6 months ago

ugh. I just watched the last 30 minutes of this Tyler Perry movie The Family That Preys.

w.0

by MFB
110 Posts
NP: Mogwai - Young Team
4 years, 6 months ago
4 years, 6 months ago
Reading this thread you get the impression that daba only watches the last thirty minutes of random movies on Showtime and never watches any other movies, ever. LOL.
by brandon
300 Posts
4 years, 6 months ago

I've been on a serious late-'60s kick lately: Rosemary's Baby (1968), John and Mary (1969), Midnight Cowboy (1969). All great. Then I broke the trend to re-watch the classic Style Wars documentary (1983).

Coincidentally, all show a pretty interesting slice of New York City. Not coincidentally, all are highly recommended.

by pill
737 Posts
prefixing
2 years, 2 months ago
4 years, 6 months ago
Sparticus.  It's Gladiator + 300 w/ lots of boobies thrown in for good measure.
by Al
4433 Posts
4 years, 6 months ago
Style Wars havent seen tht one in a long time... CAP!
by Daba
18083 Posts
3 years, 5 months ago
4 years, 6 months ago

@MFB   You've hit it dead on. It's hard for me to justify taking 2 hours out of my life to watch a movie. It's one thing to have a crappy movie playing in the backround for 40 minutes while I work on Prefix. Focusing my attention on something outside of the site for 2 hours is tough. It's also why I refuse to watch The Wire or Lost. That's way too much time watching tv. I'd like to make more time to watch films but it's proven to be tough. Right now other than Prefix, I might spend time at Muay Thai and grabbing drinks but that's about it. 

Post a Reply

Please login to post a reply.

Find us on Facebook

Latest Comments

Recommended