Emmy Nominees - '30 Rock,' 'Mad Men'

(6 posts)
by Daba
18083 Posts
Ready to get things pooping
3 years ago
4 years, 9 months ago

The big winners from last year's Emmy Awards are looking set to repeat as champs in 2009. "30 Rock," which took home outstanding comedy series at the last show, and "Mad Men," the outstanding drama victor, led the way in total nominations when the list was announced on Thursday morning (July 16). The 61st Primetime Emmy Awards will air live from Los Angeles on Sunday, September 20.

"30 Rock," Tina Fey's NBC comedy about life at an "SNL"-like late-night sketch show, secured 22 nominations this year, including outstanding comedy series, lead actor in a comedy series (Alec Baldwin) and lead actress in a comedy series (Fey). Both Fey and Baldwin triumphed in these categories last year, two of a total of seven wins.

"Mad Men," the retro drama following a '60s-era Madison Avenue ad agency and its scotch-swilling employees, garnered 16 nominations.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1616385/20090716/index.jhtml?rsspartner=rssFeedfetcherGoogle

by dukkookim
499 Posts
is on prefixmag.com
5 years, 6 months ago
4 years, 9 months ago
the Tina Fey factor. if she's involved = emmy
by WilliamTrinity
53 Posts
blames Jay-Z for not pushing my album.
4 years, 5 months ago
4 years, 9 months ago

As long as 30 Rock is around, they should just hand them the awards at the door. That show can't be f'ed with. 

by h0gy
1736 Posts
4 years, 9 months ago
I think 30 rock has gone way downhill since season 2... Although I still watch it cause I'd like to slip it in with Tina Fey...
by OMNIS
722 Posts
Self-Made Wizard
4 years, 10 months ago
4 years, 9 months ago

Season 2 was definitely the best so far, but I wouldn't say it's gone downhill.

There was a stretch of episodes on season 3 that were lackluster, but it rebounded and finished pretty strong. The episode where Tracy hid the money on kenneth, or decided he wanted to be treated just like everyone else were both brilliant.

by B/|nGerKat
3758 Posts
I've seen FOOTAGE
1 year, 11 months ago
4 years, 9 months ago
The only ep of season 3 I didn't like was the last one.

Post a Reply

Please login to post a reply.

Find us on Facebook

Latest Comments

Recommended