* Buy the most expensive record, a cover of Buddy Holly's "That'll Be The Day" by John Lennon, Paul McCartney and George Harrison's pre-Beatles band the Quarrymen, 375 times over.
* Produce the 21 most expensive videos ever made, including classics like "Scream," "Black or White," "Heartbreaker" and "Too Legit To Quit."
* Buy 13 of the most expensive musical instruments, violins made by the Italian luthier Antonio Stradivari are considered the best -- and most expensive -- in the world. At a public auction in 2005 the "Lady Tennant" violin sold for $2.03 million, but they've been known to sell for much more in private. An organization based in Chicago called the Stradivari Society has valued some Stradivaris made after 1700 at $6 million each.
* Buy its own island and throw a really big party. For $75 million, you could buy Lighthouse Cay, a private tropical island in the Bahamas, and then throw a huge party. Book performances by Jeezy ($60,000), Gucci Mane ($65,000), the O'Jays ($80,000) and T.I. ($110,000, if he's not in jail at the time), and fly 48 of your closest friends down in your own 1999 Boeing BBJ aircraft. To sip on, give everyone a bottle of Piper Heidsieck 1907 champagne, which was on its way to Czar Nicholas II of Russia's court before being torpedoed by a German submarine, and sat on the bottom of the ocean for 82 years before being recovered.
* Produce Almost Famous. Starring Kate Hudson and Billy Crudup and featuring Jason Lee, Anna Paquin, Zooey Deschanel and Philip Seymour Hoffman, Cameron Crowe's semi-autobiographical account of a teenage journalist following around a rock band for Rolling Stone cost about $60 million to produce.
* Buy 7,500 pairs of the Alexander McQueen Armadillo lobster claw shoes that Lady Gaga made famous. Technically there are only 21 pairs in existence, and McQueen's suicide in February rules out the possibility of more, but Apple could pretty much have a monopoly on Gaga-esque fashion, if it so chose.
* Replace the entire economy of the West African nation of Liberia for a month. Liberia, founded by freed American slaves in the early 1820s, has had a turbulent recent history marked by civil wars in 1989 and 1999. The country has a population just shy of 4 million people, 85 percent of whom are officially unemployed.
* Buy 75,757,575 songs on iTunes.
* Or just download the music for free, then buy 500,000,000 blank CDs to burn it onto.
Have any ideas of your own? Let us know in the comments below.
|Dungen - Dungen: Interview||T.I. T.I.'s 5 Worst Arrests And Convictions|